MKVToolnix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Windows.
With these tools one can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files. Matroska is a new multimedia file format aiming to become THE new container format for the future.
Changes in MKVToolnix 3.2.0 :
- mmg, mkvpropedit: Fixed another bug causing a crash writing chapters/other elements to existing Matroska files.
- Build system: bug fix: Improved detection of Boost::Filesystem for newer Boost versions.
- docs: Added a Chinese Simplified translation for the man pages by Dean Lee (see AUTHORS).
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Outputting error messages about invalid XML files will not cause mkvmerge to crash on Windows anymore.
- mmg: enhancement: Added an input field for the segment info XML file (mkvmerge's "--segmentinfo" option) on the "global" tab.
- mmg: bug fix: The jobs will be saved in the 'mkvtoolnix/jobs' sub-directory of the 'application data' folder instead of the 'jobs' folder in the current directory. On Windows this is the special 'application data' folder inside the user's profile directory, e.g. 'C:\Users\mbunkus\AppData\mkvtoolnix'. On non-Windows systems this is the folder '.mkvtoolnix' in the user's home directory.
mmg's configuration file has also been moved from ~/.mkvmergeGUI to ~/.mkvtoolnix/config on non-Windows systems.
Fix for bug 466.
- mkvextract: bug fix: Files are only opened for reading, not for writing, so that mkvextract will work on files the user only has read-only permissions for.
- mkvextract: bug fix: Modes 'attachments', 'chapters', 'tags' and 'cuesheet': mkvextract will output an error message if the file cannot be opened (e.g. because it does not exist or due to lack of access).
- mmg: enhancement: Changing the interface language does not require a restart anymore.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Reading VOB files bigger than 4 GB was broken in v3.1.0 on 32bit platforms.
- mmg: bug fix: Tooltips were not word-wrapped on Windows.
- mkvinfo: enhancement: Added the "EBML maximum size length" element to the list of known elements. Fix for bug 464.
- mmg: new feature: Added a control for mkvmerge's "--cropping" parameter.
- mmg: enhancement: Added the file extensions ".dtshd", ".dts-hd", ".truehd" and ".true-hd" to mmg's"'add/append file" dialogs.
- mkvextract: bug fix: "mkvextract --version" was only writing an empty string. Fix for bug 463.
Download MKVToolnix 3.2.0